I love Buffalo seasoning, sauce, everything. When I was on a restrictive diet during my SIBO treatment, I was determined to find a way to recreate it at home. If I couldn’t go out to eat, I was going to have to use my brain and amp up my cooking skills. I read and watched many recipes, and I took an element I liked from each one, and came up with a healthy version.
I used coconut flour and also desiccated coconut, not just for flavour but also for their fibre content – which makes this SUPER filling.
I do like my food spicy, so please feel free to reduce or omit the cayenne pepper to suit your taste. Hope you enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: Makes 2 servings
4 boneless chicken thighs without skin, washed and dried.
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
½ teaspoon of oregano or thyme
2 tablespoons of shredded/desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 tablespoon of ghee or olive oil
- Mix together all the spices and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub half the spice mixture into the chicken thighs, massage very well to maximise the flavour.
- Cover and keep in the fridge for minimum of 2 hours (the longer the more flavoursome)
- When ready to cook, turn oven on fan setting 200 degrees Celsius. Remove chicken from the fridge and wait 10 minutes before putting it in the oven.
- While waiting for the chicken, heat up an oven tray and rack in the oven for 3 minutes. Remove it, grease the rack and return back to the oven for 2 minutes. Remove the tray when the chicken is ready to go in to the oven.
- Put the coconut flour, dessicated coconut and rest of the spices on a plate, and coat the chicken pieces very well.
- Place the chicken thighs on the rack, and drizzle chicken with ghee or olive oil. Put in the oven cook on 200c for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 170c and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let the chicken cool for about 5 minutes without touching it.
- Serve with a nice crisp salad. Enjoy!