I would normally advocate for slow cooking this chicken via slow roasting in the oven, or stewing on the stove top, as this is the healthier option.
However, if you eat & cook clean for 80% of your diet, you can afford to relax your rules and have a pan fried (very different to deep fried) chicken for a change.
This is dangerously delicious – all you need is a non stick frying pan, and something you can use to cover the pan while applying pressure to the chicken while it’s cooking in the frying pan. I used a Pyrex glass lid, and placed it convex side down.
What You Need:
-your marinated chicken thighs
-a non stick frying pan
-a convex heat resistant cover/lid
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp sea salt
- Take marinated thighs out of the fridge and leave to rest in room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and distribute on the surface of the chicken thighs, skin side up. Press the blend down onto the chicken well. This will help create that crispy effect and adds another layer of flavour + texture.
- Heat up the pan to medium high heat for 2-3 mins. Carefully transfer the chicken to the pan, skin side down. DO NOT ADD OIL.
- Press down on the chicken thighs gently while cooking using a fork or kitchen tongs. Leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip over the chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cover with the lid so that the lid is applying weight pressure to the chicken. Cook like this for 4 minutes.
- Put on your oven gloves and SLOWLY lift the lid (all the fat will have released from the skin and the thigh meat – this can spit at you!). Flip again for 1 minute without the lid.
- Flip the chicken one more time, but turn off the heat and keep the lid off. Press down on the meat one last time.
- Gently shake off any excess fat before transferring the chicken onto serving plates.
- Enjoy!!! Goes really well with Jollof rice and Fattoush salad 😉 (tomorrow!)
chickenrecipes #crispychicken #panfriedchicken #readyin15 #easyrecipe #quickrecipes #deliciousandnutritious #highprotein #fitfood #healthymealideas #cookingmethods #quickdinner #yummy😋😋