Recipe configuration:the Japanese one
𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱:
-all the veg in the picture
-2 tsp grapeseed oil
-2 tbsps umami ginger paste (I like Clearspring)
-1 tbsp tamari sauce
-2 tsp white wine vinegar
-vegan Worcestershire sauce(I like Biona)
-1 tsp of minced ginger (I get frozen)
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp organic maple syrup
1. Set oven to 210c fan setting and leave to heat.
2. Cut aubergine in half, and make criss cross indentations to the flesh – leave the skin on.
Brush a 1 tsp of grapeseed oil into the grooves in the flesh you’ve just created, and place skin side facing down on a parchment paper lined oven tray.
When the oven has heated up, pop the aubergine tray in for 20 mins – flip them the other way round at the 10 min mark.
3. Slice your red pepper in half and place with the aubergine in the tray, hollow part facing down. Leave to roast with aubergine for full 20 mins, no flipping required.
4. Meanwhile, spiralise your courgette and spread out ‘zoodles’ evenly on another parchment paper lined oven tray. Pop them in the oven 15 mins in to the aubergine cooking time.
5. Slice carrots into 1 inch sized discs, and steam along with broccoli for 4 mins OR add them to the aubergine tray for 10 mins.
6. Slice some cucumber, 3-4 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and toss with handful of mixed leaves or rocket. Dress in a good quality olive oil.
7. Mix together all the ingredients from the umami paste onwards. If the paste is TOO thick, add 2-3 tsps of warm water. It should feel a little thicker than a salad dressing.
8.Once the aubergines have roasted for 20 mins, take them out and dress the flesh of each half with 1 tbsp of dressing, and return to the oven for 5 mins.
9.You can also repeat this for the carrots and broccoli, but NOT the courgette.
10.Thinly slice a chilli pepper and add to the courgette tray. Once the courgette has had 10 mins in the oven, remove from the heat and leave to cool, spread out.
11.Once all the veg is cooked and ready, dress the salad and courgette with 2 tsps of the umami sauce, and serve with the rest of the roasted umami flavoured veg.
#veggiebowl #10aday🍍🍉🍑🍊🍈 #vegetables #instameals #veggieinspo #umamiflavor #ovenroastedveggies #deliciousandnutritious #lightandfilling #veggiechallenge #healthymealideas #healthymealchallenge #readyin30minutes #30minmeals #aubergine #spiralised #purplebroccoli #purplecarrot #nutritionaltherapist #realfoodheals