Feeling swollen and moody during Cancer Season?
Eat this salad to get rid of water retention and get some calm.
Full of magnesium and potassium rich foods, bitter herbs and vegetables and diuretics (help you excrete excess water).
Cooled boiled/steamed potatoes can also calm your tummy if you’ve been experiencing discomfort or bloating (a common annoyance during Cancer season and full moon events).
Feel free to add some tuna, boiled eggs, salmon, chicken or some activated + cooked chickpeas for protein.
Also goes really nicely with sunflower or pumpkin seeds 😋
Ingredients for 1:
6 baby potatoes, sliced evenly in thirds
3-4 asparagus spears
4-5 tendersteam broccoli spears
5 green beans, halved
1/4 cucumber, peeled and sliced
Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 chicory head, sliced thinly
2 tbsps of steamed artichoke, chopped
1 tbsp of pitted olives
For the dressing:
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsps lemon juice
1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp tarragon
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Steam potatoes for 10 mins while you prep all the other veg.
- After the 10 mins, add in the broccoli and asparagus for 2 mins, steaming for a total of 4 mins.
- Add in the green beans, and steam for a total of 2 mins.
- Remove all from the heat and spread out on a plate to cool for 5-10 mins.
- Combine all the other veg in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Once the steamed vegetables have cooled, add them to the salad bowl.
- Dress the salad and ensure the dressing coats all the vegetables evenly.