Fattoush Salad Edit
This is my favourite salad of all time, so I have been playing around with the recipe for years. Tweaking it to my personal taste.
I do love the bread but I removed it as I don’t really want to eat bread often. I also introduced some tangy fruit to meet my 10 a day quota while also enhancing the tangy tart flavours of this salad.
Goes really well alongside meat and fatty foods as it is very refreshing and contains many ingredients which help our bodies break down fats more easily.
What You Need:
-1 handful Babyleaf/mixedleaf/rocket (washed).
-4 radishes, thinly sliced.
-1 chilli pepper, thinly sliced.
-3 tomatoes, quartered.
-1/4 cucumber, peeled & chopped or sliced
-1 spring onion, thinly sliced.
-handful of blueberries.
-1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced then chopped in half.
-handful of red/black grapes, halved.
-4 mint stalks, de-stalked and roughly chopped.
-1 tsp dried mint.
-1 tsp dried parsley (or fresh).
-1.5 tbsps lemon juice.
-2 tsps white wine vinegar
-1.5 tbsps olive oil
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp ground cumin
-1/2 black or white ground pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp sea salt
-1 tsp sumac
-1 avocado, cut into chunks
-handful of sprouts (optional)
-1 generous drizzle of pomegranate molasses.
- In a large bowl, combine all the chopped veggies + fruit + fresh mint + chilli pepper🌶
- Coat well with the olive oil, and then add the salt. Distribute evenly.
- Add in the vinegar, and toss the salad evenly.
- Add in the all the herbs & spices EXCEPT for the sumac. Coat and distribute evenly.
- Add in the lime, and toss again.
- Add in the avocado and sprouts.
- Now add in the sumac, toss roughly this time.
- Drizzle pomegranate molasses.
- OPTIONAL: break some gluten free crackers in your hand and distribute on top of the salad for a more authentic feel.
- Enjoy 😉
#salad #saladrecipe #fattoush #fattoushsalad #antioxidants #nutritiousanddelicious #10aday🍍🍉🍑🍊🍈 #eatarainbow #vitaminsandminerals #refreshingsalad #pomegranatemolasses #glutenfree #easyrecipes #healthyrecipes #fruitinsalad #polyphenols #summersalad