Do you find nuts hurt you belly or bloat you?
Do you consume loads of nuts? If they’re not activated, you aren’t getting the nutritional benefits. You are also eating the toxins they’re covered in!
Nuts are very healthy and contain a lot of important vitamins and minerals.
They help keep our hair, skin, nails, hormones, brain function and digestion healthy.
However, to unlock these fabulous nutrients, we need to remove the toxins which are naturally covering the nuts.
These toxins (also known as anti-nutrients) can also cause bloating and indigestion.
The best way to remove them, is to soak the nuts in warm mineral water and Himalayan sea salt. This ‘activates’ the nuts, making them much lighter, easier to digest and healthier. This can also be applied to seeds as well.
You can make them any flavour you like, it doesn’t have to be just limited to tabasco
Any amount of raw, plain nuts of choice (cannot be salted or flavoured, or precooked)
1L of water.
3 teaspoons of Himalayan sea salt (use sea salt if Himalayan salt is unavailable but NOT normal table salt).
- Put nuts in a large bowl and cover with water. Add in salt and vinegar, leave to soak for at least 2 hours, maximum of 24 hours.
- Wash the nuts and leave on paper towels.
- Heat oven to 160c fan oven and let an oven tray heat up for about 10 minutes, then remove the tray.
- After 10 minutes, lay out the nuts on the oven tray and coat in a little tabasco and a tiny pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt.
- Roast the nuts for 10 minutes or a bit longer until they become crispy.
- Remove the nuts from the heat and let them cool for 10 minutes.
#nuts #activatednuts #sproutednuts #antinutrients #soakyournuts #gutfriendly #gutfriendlyfoods #gutfriendlynutrition #nutrition #spicynuts #mineralrich #nutrientdense #healthyrecipeideas #removingtoxins #nutritionistapproved #nomorestomachpain #easytodigest #roastednuts #homemade #foodhacks